Sunday, January 16, 2011

Worry


Yesterday I got a call that my mom is in the hospital. She is the ICU. On a ventilator, sedated, and without me and my brother.

This picture is last year. Me, my brother, my mom and my brother's kids. What if we never take this picture again?

I am at a loss of what to do. I don't know if I should go to Vegas or not. I feel this incredible need to be with her yet I have chaos of my own.

My brother is a mess. distraught, not sure what to do either.

And I am next of kin. I am the only person authorized to make any decisions regarding her care.

I talked to my dad last night. He didn't mention my mom's situation. But it was a good conversation. I can see him trying again and letting go of some things that have been bothering him. If my mom passes away, my dad is not the one I can turn to for comfort. All I have is Dea..

I have to go to work...although my mind is still filled with worry and doubt.

More to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment