Thursday, January 6, 2011

Snowboarding Lesson #1

So today I went snowboarding for this first time in my life.

It was a beautiful day, sun was screaming and the snow was glistening! PERFECT!

So I walk into the room he gives me my pass and I proceed back out to my car to gear up. Boots, gloves, hat, goggles, the works. Then I walk to the pole that says
"Never Been Ever", Yep that's my pole. The instructor for the skiers is chatting with me for a bit. After a while, and I mean a long while, I realize I need to sit down. I had been standing WAY too long. Wow!
Finally progress, we move to the groups we're supposed to be in.

My instructor Tammy is way nice. She tells us about the board, all the mechanics of it, how to put my foot in, everything. Then she says something that appears to be in another language cause I am suppose to try to slide with my board on one foot. WHAT? How the heck do you do that? Apparently I am the ONLY one never been before because everybody else got what she was talking about. lol

So I'm doing my thing, left foot buckled, right foot freely on the board for some reason and down I go. I'm screaming...AHHHHHHHHH.....But nope, no fall for me. hehe

I can't get this, my ankles are killing me and I felt as if I was working WAY to hard. So I talked to my instructor, we decide to put my bindings tricky so I can boars both regular and goofy. Goofy means my right foot is forward.

So I go down the mountain digging my heels into the snow, not wanting to let go of Tammy. I get back up the mountain somehow, let's try the cable pulley...

OUCH..and OMG, ...and WHAT THE HELL....and THERE GOES MY HIP....
needless to say I didn't "catch" on the first time.

Another guy came and helped me out, even gave me a little boost and explained to me what exactly I should be doing. Thank goodness!!!!

So hear I am taking a bit of a breather and I explain that my ankle is moving a lot in my boot, my ankles are burning, and the boot is just digging into my calf. I told my instructor I wear an 8.5 and my boots are 9.5, she was not happy. And neither am I cause my boots are a complete size too big and the store won't take em back. crap!

At least I know what I can fix so Lesson #2 won't be so horrible!!

No comments:

Post a Comment