Saturday, August 6, 2011

Update:

This has been such a crazy week!
The hospital was full of orientation days. The first was for the hospital, where this and that is. Second, clinals orientation. This pertained more to me and the day went but much faster. Third, my actual floor orientation, which there was soo much info to take in by the end of that day I had a real headache. Then lastly, I finally got to train on the floor on Thursday. I worked a 12 hr shift and I have to say it was nice knowing already how to do the job of a CNA. At Mountain Ridge I went in and had no clue. My praises again to my old friend Mountain Ridge, for teaching and making me the Aide I am today.

So Thursday on the floor, I learned more on the charting system,( I mention this because I have total anxiety about it) I learned what we do when a new admit come in from post op. I learned how to discharge and clean the room up. I took and IV out (WAY COOL). and in the 12 hrs I worked I sat down maybe 20 min. I went home and was asleep at 8pm and slept till 930 the next morning.
I can't wait to go back on Monday. My goal is to try not to be the leader. I have a hard time with this. See at the hospital, you report to the nurse everything. At Mountain Ridge I was the one who received the reports. I WILL one day be the nurse so I can do this and work only what is in my scope of practice. HEHE (sounds so official).

I can do this, this is what I am suppose to be doing. And I am so thankful that I am finally here.
Thank you to my family and friends who have been on this journey with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment