Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Sinking in

It's amazing how sleep helps you focus.Yesterday was such a whirl wind of a day for me.1st-orientation2nd-pay tuition and buy books (ouch)3rd- go home and try to organize4th-get called into work and drop everything!5th-get kids off to school before I even attempt to lay down6th- finally...SleepI woke up and the kids were home from school, I was so exciterd to hear all about their first day. Katie started 1st grade. Madie 3rd grade. Brandon 8th grade. Destiney 10th grade, and finally Jeff is a SENIOR. (officially)Amazingly I don't have very much paperwork to sign.. hmmI thought a lot last night,(in between all the crying babyies in the nursery, and being split between patients on both 100 and 200 side) I cried a few times to some friends with caring ears. But today I feel GREAT. I don't have to wait very long to start school. My anticipation is turning into excitment. My fear is turning into a positive attitude that I'm gonna kick butt in school. What's really given me the most peace is, I decided to work only on-call, NOT part-time. Destiney reaction to me starting school on Monday made me realize that there is NO WAY IN HELL that I can do all this and be a good MOM. I pride myself in beign a mom. Destiney said she felt I was abandoning her. My heart broke. Soo.. I'm going to sacrifice work for my kids. I just pray that what time I have spent on the floor has made a good enough impression to make a difference, and in the end I will get an RN job on my dream floor. I will continue to finish some weekend shifts until 9/15 but after that I will work one shift every other week. My hubby is the best and wants to help me to concentrate on school, and do the best I can do. Raising 5 kids and nursing school should be interesting, and I'm sure you will hear of my failures here, but I have a great support team around me. To think that DECEMBER 2013 I will be... Susan Thayn, RN. (:

1 comment:

  1. Hey its Alicia from class. Funny thing is I would do random google searches for blogs that had to do anything with the DATC nursing and have come across yours a few times. And now you are in. and so am I. Congrats!! And I read Callie's blog. She is a friend of a friend of a friend. AND the lady who owns the house you looked at that she mentioned after the name game gave me food the next day after I had my baby. Strange. I know. Anywho....small world.

    ReplyDelete