Monday, November 22, 2010

Patho Test

Today I took a Patho test.
Before the test I was so nervous. I said, "How is everyone doing so well? I feel like I am floating". Callie took the test and got 92. WOW! I was so nervous for her because for last few days she had been listening to me and that never happens, she ALWAYS teaches me.
I went and took the test after a NOT so comfortable with my husband and ROCKED it!

90...WHOA. It was funny cause I covered my eyes, like "I don't want to see" But then whoa. I DID IT. Oh My Gosh.

I texted my friend and she was happy too
Hubby picked me up and he was so mad at me.
I was studying with this guy Chris, and my husband went off the deep end. I feel horrible that my actions caused him grief and heartache. What was I thinking? It won't happen again. I'm so sorry baby.And let me clarify, nothing happened but study.

Being married is hard. and more, is raising 5 kids.
I got school, work, I am married and I have kids. Who else can do this?

I have a friend who just broke up with her boyfriend and honestly I was relieved. They were talking about kids, and marriage. but all I could think about, (while I was supporting her being happy) is don't let anything interfere with school.
I got pregnant at 18, had my son at 19. 6 months later I was pregnant with my second child. This didn't mean school was in it for me. I had three jobs. And I was on welfare. I didn't have a man supporting their kids or helping me with diapers and formula. Thank goodness my grandma watched the kids while I worked. But on the days I didn't have childcare, I took them to work. Let me tell you, your boss kinda frowns on bring your kids to work day.

My point is, sometimes we HAVE to put ourselves first. I'm putting myself first by studying every chance I get and working when I can. When a boy says you will be unhappy for two years because your pursuing your dream, he has his head so far up his ass that he forgot what it's like to truly want someone to be happy.

Being a nurse for me is all I've wanted. When I gave birth to my first child, I remember thinking I want to be a nurse, because if not, then I will be having a bunch of kids. Turns out I STILL have a bunch of kids but I still want to be a nurse.

No one will be in the way of my dream!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Susan,

    Firstly, I'm SO proud of you and your test score. I knew that you could do it. You're just as great as the rest of the A students, and now it's finally showing. You are rocking this patho class and I'm damn proud of you.

    Second, don't let what happened with Dea upset you. You didn't do anything wrong and studying with another person is helpful. Don't let your conscious get the best of you. You didn't do anything to feel guilty about.

    Third, thank you for being so supportive and amazing towards me. This test would have been god awful if it weren't for you helping me along and rooting me on. I would've have taken it Saturday if it weren't for your words of encouragement and positive thinking. Thank you, for that. I appreciate it.

    Fourth, thank for being supportive of my decisions about Josh. Thank you for letting me vent and for being supportive when I wanted to stay together and when I wanted to break up. No matter what I wanted, you always were supportive and I really appreciate that.

    Lastly, I'm SO proud of you for following your dreams. Nothing is better than a woman with some goals and you've definitely got them. I love your ambition and your desire to do something for YOU for once. It's a big scary decision to step out into the working world as a mom/wife and I can't tell you how much I admire you for that.

    You are a super great girl, and I'm so glad that we have each other.


    :)

    ReplyDelete