Friday, November 19, 2010

Age

I work at an Assisted Living place in Ogden. One of my friends recommended I apply there. She raved how much she loved the people who work there and the residents.
Getting a job wasn't easy, I called and called for two months before another supervisor eventually noticed me but only because my friend dropped my name. I was basically hired because of her, which I am soo thankful.

Working here has been a blessing. I have realized many things about myself, for instance; being a nurse is definitely for me. And all my hard work is paying off. Yes, I have also realized that like at every job there is drama. Drama with co-workers, management, etc.

Within 6 weeks of employment I was promoted to a Team Leader position; in which after two months, I lost due to med-errors. This for me is humiliating. My head manager said he really wanted me in that team leader position (knife to the heart). I felt stupid, embarrassed, like a child standing in timeout, why wasn't I more careful. Did I take this for granted? Was I puffed up with pride?
Well whatever the reason, I fell down, and when I stand up, I WILL stand TALLER!
I WANT my position back.

No comments:

Post a Comment