Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Heartache

As a parent, you get the opportunity to to experience a new aspect of life, but through your kids. My journey with my 5 kids are all so different. They are all different from each other. Jeff is growing into this young man before me. It's AMAZING to watch. Next week, he actually starts college...COLLEGE, are you kidding? Where as the time gone. Ugh how I've hated people tell me through the years to be there and take nothing for granted because it goes so fast...I had no idea the cliche' would have such a moment of impact on me. Jeff got scholarships, he has a full time job, he says he's not ready to be in a relationship, he's just being Jeff. How lucky am I to be the mom of this young man! How lucky indeed. 
Now Des, 16 and every bit a 16 year old. Des started school today, a junior. A JUNIOR! This summer she experienced her first heartbreak. And honestly my heart breaks with her. You never forget you first heartbreak, your first love. As you read this I bet you are remembering your first love. But as a mom, I am feeling protective, sad and, most of all heartbroken with her. Being a mom is the most trying, tasking, rewarding, loving, and blessed role I could have. I can't imagine any of my kids not living next to me. It's my worst fear. I truly believe that my first role is to parent and I've never lost sight of that, but there are times that we have a friendship, and let me tell ya... Those are my most cherished moments! 

No comments:

Post a Comment